SSL API samples ?

Hi,

I'm not yet familiar with LDAP. I ordered a book on the subject (it's in the mail!) and searched the internet but cannot easily find answers to specific questions.

We are planning to use the OPEN LDAP API in order to LDAP enable our "home made" information systems and authenticate our users by way of a single username/password accross most of our systems.

There is not much samples of the API. I have a couple of questions if someone has the time to answer.

a) Can I use the openldap API library to connect to a Novell Netware 6 NDS Directory with SSL and authenticate a username/password ? We would like to use the Novell Username/password pair on most of our systems.

b) Are there any samples of using the API to simply autenticate a username/password pair ?

Thanks