Re: createtimestamp sorting

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I'm using OpenLDAP 2.1.12.

The attribute createtimestamp is visible and accurate. When I sort
entries by it, however, the results are unpredictable. The attribute is
not in any schema, so I'm assuming it's internally managed. There isn't

It is an operational attribute; it is standard track, however.

Why can't openldap sort on createtimestamp?

We can, of course. I assume you're talking about client side sorting.

I believe I'm talking about server side sorting, which appears to work fine for any attribute that is assigned an ordering matching rule and indexed. If this is not done for 'createtimestamp' because operational attributes are handled differently, or if you need to enforce a "standard track schema" that doesn't specify ordering, then I understand.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com