RE: multiple LDAP Directory - question from a newbie

In OpenLDAP there are currently two different ways to accomplish this, first
using subordinate databases and back-ldap if all of the destinations are
naturally part of a single DIT hierarchy, and second using back-meta if the
multiple directories are in disjoint hierarchies.

  -- Howard Chu

Balasubramanian