From: Howard Chu [mailto:hyc@highlandsun.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 6:08 AM
To: 'Turbo Fredriksson'; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Q: OpenLDAP In A 'Heartbeat' Cluster

In OpenSSL I use these lines in my openssl.cnf file:
###
DNSNAME = $ENV::DNSNAME
IPADDR = $ENV::IPADDR
###

In the [ usr_cert ] section
###
subjectAltName=DNS:$DNSNAME,IP:$IPADDR
###

You must set the DNSNAME and IPADDR environment variables before running the
CA app to generate/sign the cert. If you need to specify additional names,
use separate environment variables for each.

  -- Howard Chu