Re: updated app schemas?

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 17:36, Norbert Klasen wrote:

You shouldn't modify published schemas. Instead create a new structural
object class which SUPs officePerson, evolutionPerson and zillaPerson. The
X.500 data model supports multiple inheritance.

Norbert

Is there (yet another) RFC that covers this?

PS - Why shouldn't I modify a published schema if the published schema is conceived with faulty or lacking standard-compliance?  Your link to the discussion with the Samba group seems to indicate a scenario similar to mine, which warranted (and affected?) a change to the schema.

Guess I'll join the general list for this.  Sorry to bring it here.  I'm happy to discuss it offline.