storing SSH keys in LDAP

Is there anybody out there who has successfully stored SSH public keys in
his LDAP server ?

(I am working on Solaris-9, using OpenSSH)

I managed to load a new user into the LDAP dbase with a "userCertificate"
attribute specified in the input LDIF file :

dn: uid=james,dc=...
objectclass: posixAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
usercertificate; binary:: <the certificate from the user's
$HOME/.ssh/id_dsa.pub" file>

But when I query the LDAP server for the information loaded for this same
user, I get the following for the certificate attribute:

usercertificate;binary=NOT ASCII

Is this normal, or has the key not been loaded for some reason?
If it is normal, how can I display the key value as stored in the LDAP
dbase?

How can I test the retrieval of the key when setting up an SSH-connection?

Thanks !

Rob