Re: openldap 2.1.14 and berkley 4.1.24

Hi,

"Lord Chaser" <chaser@hot.ee> writes:

> So my problem as follows:
>
> Downloaded Berkley 4.1.24, untared, confgured, compiled and installed then I
> tryied to install openldap 2.1.14 and during configure I get this:
>
> checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
> configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

> The whole ./configure output as follows:
[...]

> checking for db.h... yes
> checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-1)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
> checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes
> checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
> configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

Your /usr/include/db.h is probabely pointing to an older version of
BerkeleyDB.
Check wether you have env, 'which env' should show /usr/bin env, then
check where your new version of BerkeleyDB has been installed, might
be /usr/local/Berkeley.4.1/ if so,

#> env CPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib ./configure

The command should be one line

-Dieter
--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung