Re: ldapadd "operations error"? SOLVED

Apparently the problem was lack access rights to the directory where the database lives.

Thanks to Jason & Anthony for their help!

Martin

Anthony Dean wrote:

If the server is configured as a replica, you'll have to comment out the updatedn line before adding to the server directly. After commenting out updatedn on the slave what you describe is exactly how I rebuild a slave.

Anthony

Martin Smith wrote:

Still looking for help on this. Question: Should my procedure for starting over with the database work? That is, can one delete all the DB files in the directory and then pick up the QuickStart instructions at the point where one is slappadding the initial top-level entries?

Thanks,

Martin