Re: OpenLDAP install issue with SASL

* Quanah Gibson-Mount (quanah@stanford.edu) wrote:
> Is there any reason you are using such an outdated version of Cyrus-SASL?
> The current Cyrus-SASL version is 2.1.12.  Also, OpenLDAP does not function
> well with OpenSSL 0.9.7 last I heard, so you might want to drop back to
> OpenSSL 0.9.6i.  You also will want to use Berkeley DB 4.1.25, not 4.1.24.
> I'd try making those changes, and then compiling and seeing what happens.

Can you substantiate this?  I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.7 with OpenLDAP 2.1.12
here with TLS and everything turned on and it is working fine for me so
far.  The problem I've run into in the past is when 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 end
up getting linked into the same running program because of SASL or some
other piece of the system being compiled against 0.9.6 while OpenLDAP is
compiled against 0.9.7.

	Stephen