Re: Re: Listing /home dir very slow [SOLVED]

Jason C. Leach said:
> For doing an ls -la in /home, is 2-3 lines per second slow for LDAP? The
> only indexing option I have is:
> 	# Indexing options
> 	index objectClass eq
>
> Anyone know of some more reading on config/setup LDAP? I find the docs
> on OpenLDAP to be not so complete past how to do a quick setup.

Abysmally slow.  You should hardly notice a delay.  Unless we're talking
about thousands of files, that is.
Your indexing is insufficient.  You might consider indexing at least:
index   uid             eq,pres
index   uidNumber       eq
index   gidNumber       eq
index   uniqueMember    eq,pres
index   memberUid       eq,pres
index   objectClass     eq,pres
index   host            eq,pres

You may need to consider running the nscd (name service cache) daemon, if
the load on your directory server gets too bad (if you have enough nss/pam
clients).

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>