Writing operations are very slow

Hi all,

since ~ 2 weeks, writing operations are very slow on my OpenLDAP
(production..) server.

I try to increase the log level, and I have these messages :

send_ldap_response: ber write failed
connection_read(95): no connection!

(The load of the box is 'normal', << 1, ~ 0.2)

I'm looking for on google, and found this message [1] from Kurt
D. Zeilenga :

"That means the client submitted an operation while the
server was processing a Bind operation or Unbind operation
on that session.  In either case, this is generally indicative
of a poorly written client."

So, the problem is I use only perl Net::LDAP, so two case

- Net::LDAP is badly/ugly written
- I miss something in the configuration file

Note, I tried to play with tweakings options, like  dbcachesize,
cachesize mainly, without any success.

I'll very happy if someone can help me, since it's the production
server, and my boss want to migrate to SQL (berk) if these problems
are not resolve..

[1] : http://www.netsys.com/openldap-software/2002/10/msg00586.html

Thank you very much.

--