Re: Segmentation fault on 2.1.13

I am having a similar problem with slapadd.  I have a 50,000 entry ldif
file that I am trying to add.  Yesterday, slapadd was giving me the
segmentation fault.

This is on RedHat 8.0 with Cyrus-SASL 2.1.10, OpenSSL 0.9.6b, DB
4.1.25.NC (built inside the openldap 2.1.13 RPM).

As I said, yesterday, slapadd segfaulted.

So, I modified my spec file to run "make test" after building, fully
expecting it would crash and burn somewhere... surprise surprise!  It
passed all tests (except 11 which was disabled).  So, I install the code
and test slapadd.  It runs to completion.  takes 5 minutes to do so.
Doesn't add anything!....

[08:31 AM root@tldap root]# time slapadd -f newldap.ldif
No databases found in config file

real    4m5.885s
user    2m34.898s
sys     0m24.080s

Funny... I strip out just the eight infrustructure entries from the ldif
file and it adds them just fine....

Oh... this newldap.ldif file is the SAME one I loaded successfully with
openldap 2.1.12....  I haven't changed it at all!

[09:03 AM root@tldap root]# ls -l newldap.ldif
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     56790133 Feb  5 11:03 newldap.ldif

Suggestions on where to start looking?

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===