Re: [LDAP-SOFTWARE] ACLand regex (matching self)

søn, 2003-02-23 kl. 11:33 skrev Ace Suares:

> > >As I found out, the self directive does NOT work !
> >
> > Did test006-acls pass when you ran the test suite?  If so,
> > then it demonstrates that a "by self" clause does work.

> > Kurt

> It might be the case that I don't have these test-suites. I can't find them on
> Debian Woody (yet).
>
> But, I was not pointing out that the self directive doesn't work, I just
> pointed out that the self directive didn't work in this special circumstance.
>
> But then again, I am getting more and more confused with trial-and-error
> processing of these ACL's. It might very well be that I drew wrong
> conclusions from inconclusive tests.
>
> You are saying that in mentioned case, where there is a regular expression in
> the 'to' clause, the self directive is working ??

I don't wish to bug anyone, I don't wish to become involved in pro- or
anti Debian, Red Hat, Mandrake, Solaris, BSD or anything like that.

So nobody, please, follow this up on this list, Ace  knows where to find
me for off-list thingies, if he so wishes.

My own experience is that distros tend to reflect the attitudes of those
who compound them. My experience is also, that by using pure and
unsullied source from Openldap, Cyrus, Sleepycat, GQ, Apache, PHP -
anything - WU, Exim. whatever and by configuring these and compiling
them on one's own machine, with one's own compiler and one's own
libraries, that one always gets consistent and reproducible results.

One is always assured of the latest versions, configurations can be
adjusted- even source code can be adapted - if necessary. The best thing
is, that one can address questions to the lists for which the software
is designated.

Personally, I don't feel it's fair to address Debian - or Red Hat, or
whatever - specific questions, pertaining to obsolescent software
versions, to this particular list.

Ace, ik hoor het wel. Je weet toch dat je bij Billy altijd welkom bent.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw