Re: ldap with netware

søn, 2003-02-23 kl. 18:08 skrev Justin Zygmont:

> Novell Netware 5.1 server.  Can it use openldap on the linux server for
> authentication that you know of?  samba doesn't help much when using
> novell:)

I believe that it should be able to. Alison Smith of Curtin University
In Canberra made it work (off-list correspondence), though I never
tried. Use nldap.nlm from eDirectory 8.x on the NetWare server and try
that. I don't know anything about the userPassword attribute under
nldap.nlm, though - or if it's present at all.

SSL authentication (port 636) under Linux Squid to NetWare 5.1 worked
for her. I believe, from what she said, that NetWare insists on SSL
(*not* TLS) binds.

Personally, I'd use eDirectory for everything to do with NetWare SSO, on
all OSes, in such a case, rather than Openldap.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw