Re: duplicate entries allowed?

Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich:
> Rajesh,
>
> it is nearly the same as in Oracle. You can keep ducplicate entries, the
> primary key ( in LDAP parliance the DN ) must be however different.
> In your example the DN is the same, therefore it's not possible
>
> what do you want to achieve with the whole thing ?
> If you want you can construct a paralell structure holding the duplicates.

My guess is he wants 2 phonenumbers listed on that person.
Rajesh: this can be achieved as each dn can have multiple values of some
attributes. Example:

dn: cn=pandry,ou=customer,dc=foo,dc=com
cn:pandry
name:pandry
country:india
phone:333333
phone:444444
phone:555555
objectclass:customer
objectclass:top

--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan

"SELECT 2 + 2, pi(), 'PostgreSQL is more than a calculator!';"