Becomming redundant

Is there a way to have a pacticular attribute actually point to another
attribute's value..

Why??

Becuase it seems these schemas are reinventing the wheel, thus requiring
the admin to put the same information in many places.

Take Netscapes Address book for examle.  It querys the ldap server just
fine, however, it will not show the address.  If one double click on the
the ldap listing it shows all the values it collected from the ldap
server.  And it shows an address "mailRoutingAddress", however, it will
not put it in the right place.  However, if I use the correct schema for
the Netscape Address book then I end up creating *another* attribute to
house the email address.

It would be allot easier if I could populate the value with a directive
to tell the ladp server to go get a value from a different attribute.
Thus avoid the redundant transferring of the same info, thus easier
maint.

Am I way out line on this??  Or am I missing something all together?

--
robert