Re: LDAP and DNS

tir, 2003-02-18 kl. 20:40 skrev bondpaper:

> Thanks for your assistance.

Didn't help you though, much, did it?

>  Maybe some additional info would help. My
> host name is defined in /etc/sysconfig/network as stiller.xyz.com. And,
> as you might expect, this host name is returned by uname -n. If I change
> my /etc/hosts file to:
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.xyz.com localhost
>
> instead of
>
> 127.0.0.1 stiller.zyz.com localhost stiller
>
> I can't ping stiller, or stiller.xyz.com

No, that would be obvious. O.k.;

> For the line that you mentioned, the /etc/nsswitch.conf file contains:
>
> hosts: files nisplus dns

Change that to "hosts: files dns" - and unless you're using nisplus
(believe me, you'd know if you were), leave the nisplus bit out. That's
why it's hanging. If you kept everything else as it originally was, it
should work.

At least, that's what I have - but I do have a correctly configured BIND
9.2 DNS server running. However, I know that my nss_ldap goes *first* to
my /etc/hosts.

> FWIW, I'm using the sasl/openldap files that came with redhat 7.3.

That's your choice.

Best,

Tony

--