Re: Adding an attribute host

>That is exactly what I am saying. For OpenLDAP 2.x, you would need
>something like this:
>	dn: uid=someusername,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
>	changetype: modify
>	add: objectClass
>	objectClass: account
>	add: host
>	host: mchn2.example.com
>Being relatively new to OpenLDAP (of the 2.1.x generation), I am not
>sure about the sanity checks OpenLDAP 1.x put on data, and it could be
>that it did not check such things on input, and your examples would be
>silently accepted in OpenLDAP 1.x. Someone with more history in the LDAP
>world would have to chime in.

That is exactly what happened.  And this difference is well documented.
1.x did very little sanity or conformance checking, except for obvious
schema violations.  2.0.x does a reasonable about of conformance checking,
and 2.1.x starts to implement the "entire" data model.

Also 1.x was an LDAPv2 server, and the schemas were just inherently less
precise, LDAPv3 schema contain a good deal more information.