Re: objectClasses and migrating to 2.1.x

On Sat, 14 Feb 2003, Adam Williams wrote:

> top is an abstract objectclass that is the parent of all other
> objectclasses.  It primarily makes "objectclass" a required attribute of
> all objects.  Syntactically it is required, if not in this
> implementation.  I'd put it there, just in case,  as it is always better
> to be "right" than "just working" as the absence may (or may not) have
> subtle unintended side effects.  I have encountered some utilities that
> use objectclass=top in their searches, which the expectation of finding
> it on every object.

Thanks for all the comments.  I'm about to migrate to 2.1.x anyway,
with a little schema re-arranging as well, so adding "top" is just
a Small Matter Of Programming.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia