Re: nsswitch.conf:hosts files ldap dns

Yes, I was, I am not now.  Some docs say you can use it there while
other don't mention it.  I don't see the need for it there anyway.  I am
still curious why it keeps stalling the system, while on another systen
it will do fine.

The world may never know :-)

I did notice on the second system (the server), there are two more ldap
packages installed than on the client (the one in question) The server
also has openldap12 and php-ldap installed.  I wonder if the openldap12
supplies the missing piece??  I'll try it some other time as I am behind
schedule now.  Unless someone can elaborate further on the openldap12
pkg.