Re: Update on performance issues with Openldap 2.1.x and Solaris 8

lør, 2003-02-15 kl. 14:54 skrev Adam Williams:

> >Since when has a SQL database been able to propagate parts of
> >itself to other SQL databases spread across a network?
>
> Informix, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and M$-SQL all can do this.  Doesn't make
> them more applicable to this situation however.
>
> >Since when has it
> >had a hierarchical structure defined by the IETF?
>
> Yep, take a look at -
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/378.html

I knew you'd get me in the end. You always do :-)

> >>IIRC, openldap supports real database interfaces, doesnt it?
>
> More or less, but it is a bit of a hack.  And mapping a complex data set
> really requires views, triggers, and stored procedures in the DB, which
> rules out ulta-light engines like sqlite and MySQL.

My only "real" SQL experience is MySQL and I have no confidence in it
for LDAP applications. I'm not really an SQL-minded person, dislike the
rigor. Maybe I should (at least) look at Postgres.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw