Re: i have no name!

tor, 2003-02-13 kl. 19:00 skrev John Dalbec:

> But only for the duration of that LDAP connection.  If a user process
> reconnects to LDAP, it has to bind anonymously or ask you to type in
> your password again.

Listen. For most of the stuff below, this mailing list has helped me,
including with the "I have no name" experience. I've been through it all
myself, asked the list for all kinds of help, got helped and a little of
that help I am trying very hard to propagate back now.

I use Openldap 2.1.12 at the moment using my own ACLs, gleaned after
months of experience beginning May last year, as a basis (all of it is
available as SSL or TLS) for ldap-based:

Exim smtp AUTH PLAIN, AUTH CRAM-MD5
Virtual domains
system aliases
user aliases
user forwarding
more Exim stuff.

pam-ldap or nss_ldap based:
imapd
sshd
ftpd
gdm (X) logins
console passwd
console login
su
id
getent
more pam_ldap/nss_ldap stuff.

Evolution 1.0.8, now 1.2.1 contacts
Horde Turba
PHP4 custom contact lists and DIT management
more user admin with similar tools like GQ

SASL DIGEST-MD5 authentication (doesn't really interest me at the
moment).

I'm used to debugging the server at -d 256 back to -d-1, running strace
and gdb, debugging ldapsearch. I can even get the same things to work
with Novell's eDirectory/nldapd.

Etc, etc.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl