userPassword: {crypt}

I have been trying to import user passwords from an /etc/shadow file into
Novell eDirectory 8.7, but haven't succeed on my endeavor. I was able to
import the same passwords into OpenLdap using the attribute "userPassword:
{crypt}encrypted-password", but the same does not seem to work for
eDirectory.
I noticed that if I set the password by either using ConsoleOne or
"userPassword: clear-text-password", I am able to get authenticated.

Has anybody ever run into a similar situation before?

Thanks,

Celso

Celso G. Lima
Systems Administrator