Re: Multiple server authentication system

Andreas-Johann Ulvestad wrote:
Hi, I'm setting up the network here at work from scratch again, and just
wondering.. have anyone set up a system where LDAP authenticates the users
and you can flag which computers a users can log into?

See the Mandrake article:

http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php

It describes a system that flags what users can use what machines and should be sufficiently compatible with RedHat. :-)

The network is Red Hat Linux-based (7.3 (currently) and 8.0.93 (in
testing)), and we'd like to have the same authentication server handling
both the workstations and servers. The workstations are no problem since
anyone needs to be able to log into each single workstation ("thin
client").

However, on the servers, only some users need to connect to some servers,
since we'd like to add users like customers etc, and some need to have
shell access to a web server, most need only ftp, etc.

Does anyone on the list have a similar system online or suggestions?