LDAP broker

I am beginning a project for an LDAP broker.

The concepts are nearly ready. The broker should be able to get data from
different sources ( LDAP, RDBMS, flat file ) and transfer it to different
sources.

it should be made of a number of local agents and remote agents. The remote
agent is the process that gets the data from the data source or writes the
data to the data source. the local agents, could also be called connectores
are responsible for connecting to the remote agents. The broker is using
kind of dispatcher. It gets from the dispatcher a pair of agents. One agent
getting data and one or more agent writing data. A configuration utility
tells the broker how it should combine the data. It should also be possible
to filter out data before handling it over to other data sources.

In this moment I am just busy to define exactly the requirements and lay
down a first approach of schema.

Someone knows about similar projects ? It is just a combination between a
meta directory and a ldap proxy, but not exactly.

cheers
reinhard