referrals and authentication

We’re working in projecting a Brazilian distributed directory as DoDHE. Each university places a directory.

The users should use some email client (Outlook Express, Netscape) configured to bind with authentication to the local directory in their university. This works when the directories accept anonymous binding, but doesn’t when we put some ACL to accept reading only by authenticated users.

The directories are connected through referrals. Is it possible to bind with some authentication through a referral?

Thanks for helping.

Leticia Nogueira

---