Re: pam_ldap: What if LDAP server not reachable?

fre, 2003-02-07 kl. 13:30 skrev Johnny Morano:
>  but if
> the network is down, /me == :(
>
> does anybody know a solution?

You =have= altered /etc/nsswitch thus, haven't you?

passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

For the rest, IMHO, you'd do far better to use command line
administration and compile your own new stuff than rely on what RH has
cooked up for you of administration.utilities. That's how you learn what
goes on under the bonnet. And I'm a RH fan, though with many provisos.

I'm not going to get into a pro- or anti RH arguments, them's my
sentiments and I'm sticking to them.

Best,

Tony

--