Re: OpenLdap on Ensim, Plesk, Cpane

Here is some more info: Server OS is Redhat 7.2, Ensim 3.1.4.

It's not really a problem of the version of OpenLdap (although we will try
to get a more recent version), but rather a general problem with how to
set up the database correctly and how to make it work for our
requirements.

There are multiple domains hosted on the one machine.  We would like to
set ldap up so that it can be used by each of the different domains.  Does
this require multiple databases?  Multiple suffixes?  If so, how can we
set this up.  I have looked over the admin guide, but it does not give any
interesting examples.  All there is in the admin guide is a description of
the parameters and one extremely trivial example.  We need a more complex
example to work with.

We basically want ldap set up so that one person can search on
domain-x.com while a different person can search on domain-y.net (and so
on).  I guess that one domain should not be able to query the other's data
and the security credentials should be different for each domain.

Any help would be much appreciated.  An example slapd.conf file would be
wonderful ;)

Thanks,  Josh