Re: slapd-meta Example Config ?

Ok , here's my latest test with your cvs version (I'am not use to download openldap through cvs, I picked module ldap, I hope I've got your last commit ..., which source file should I check for that modification, which lines ?)

First test :
$ /etc/init.d/ldap_meta_head start
line 87 (uri           "ldap://ldaptux.int-evry.fr:9006/dc=int-evry,dc=fr
ldap://localhost:389/dc=int-evry,dc=fr";)
/etc/openldap/slapd_meta.conf: line 87: multiple URIs must have no DN part
slapd stopped.

OK that's what you told me !

So 2nd test, with no dn in the replica :
$ /etc/init.d/ldap_meta_head start
line 87 (uri "ldap://ldaptux.int-evry.fr:9006/dc=int-evry,dc=fr
ldap://localhost:389/";)
slapd stopped.

I did put a tab between the 2 URIs !

how can I check that I run the correct version

I tried strings on /usr/local/jehan/openldap-2.1.12.1/libexec/slapd but didn't find something relevant

Thanks.

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

It took a while, but I figured out how to do it.
You need the last commit, and use:

uri "proto://host:port/dn proto://host:port proto://host:port"

that is, if multiple URIs are present, the <dn>
must be present only in the first URI, and commas
and spaces in the <dn> must be URLescaped (e.g.
space becomes %20 and comma %2C).

I "improved" the last commit to make config files more readable and preserve backwards compatibility; now the URI separator is a tab '\t', so we can use commas and spaces in the <dn> part.

I have an even cleaner solution, but requires a bit
more coding, and I'm getting lazy ... ;)

P.