Re: issue with multiple 'database' stanzas in 2.0.23

On Tue 04 Feb 2003 at 23:40:18 -0800, you wrote:

> You cannot define the same suffix for multiple databases. Each
> database must have a unique suffix. You probably should be using
> something newer than 2.0.23, by the way.

Thanks. I didn't see that fact mentioned anywhere in the documentation.

What i'm trying to achieve here is the concept of triggers. I want to
capture events such as 'add' and 'delete' and fire off shell scripts to
do external processing.

If I can't use the same suffix with the shell back-end, how is this kind
of mechanism supposed to work? One possible solution I can think of is
to set up a slave server and trigger the shell back-end on that machine
instead.

Another possible solution is to have the shell back-end scripts call the
command-line ldap tools to do the real work against the real suffix, but
this seems like a horrible hack.

Is there an easier way to do this kind of thing?

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the
System Administrator        | planet Earth.   -- Neil Armstrong