multiple home directories

I am new to ldap, so maybe this question is already out there...

Recently, our Raid Server went down and needed to resync. I find I need
to switch NFS off during the resync process, or the Raid server has
issues. The problem is that the Raid server exports all the home
directories which is defined in the Ldap server.

Is it possible to have fall back home directories? We have a second raid
server which could act as a home directory. How would one go about doing
this?

The data wouldn't be available on the second raid server, but I might be
able to copy over the hidden files once per night to the second raid
server to make it more seemless.

Systems running Redhat 7.3 or 8.0.
openldap-2.0.25-1

--