Authentication to LDAP Server Works Only If Server In Debug Mode

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem in trying to run a small LDAP server,
mainly for serving contacts for Ximian Evolution. I'm having trouble
authenticating myself, but only when I'm not running the server in debug
mode. If I run it in debug mode, authentication works fine but without
it, authentication fails.

I'm using OpenLDAP version 2.0.25 from Red Hat 8.0.

I've already got another server with essentially the same setup working
without any authentication problems for another domain. I've tried
recreating the database but that doesn't help. The authentication
problems occur from both evolution and ldapadd. Start the server with
debug and it works fine. No debug no work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                                        |
| Baker Consulting                     email: tjb@BakerConsulting.com |
| 90 Gile Road                         http://www.BakerConsulting.com |
| Nottingham, NH 03290                                                |