sporadic nature of LDAP error when searching

Hi All,

In one of my LDAP project I am facing a very strange problem. I have a
method which performs LDAP search operation.
But sometime this search method gives a error  called "
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Server down (80)" and this nature is sporadic.
Sometime it works sometime does not work.

I am writing down the method

res = ld.search( BaseDN,LDAPConnection.SCOPE_SUB, Filter,attrNames, false
);

res = object of LDAPSearchResults.
ld = LDAPConnection (I am always making sure that LDAPConnection is live
before calling above method. I am taking this object from connection pool )

Please guide

Thanks

-Manoj

This e-mail transmission and any attachments to it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, your use, forwarding, printing, storing, disseminating,
distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.