Re: Help! Redhat 7.2 GUI login as OpenLDAP client

Am Mit, 2003-01-22 um 17.27 schrieb JIHUA ZHONG:
>  I believe my authentication set up is all right.

It seems so.

> However when I used the 'failsafe' session as GUI login session I can
> login by using any ldap account and passwd. but that is not what I want

So the login-stuff is working and something other not.

> and I want to use gnome login since there is better desktop interface.

Maybe some problem with the gnome session setup?

In RH8 is something called gconfd, which keeps your settings like window
focus policy, colors, desktop icons, running programs and so on.
I don't know, how it is in RH7.2
But there must be sth, which takes care of these things. If you have
local users, their settings are usually saved in their home-drive.
If you log in with an account, whose home-drive does not exist, how
should the setting be loaded?
Failsafe works, because the defaults are used.

Just my explanation
HTH
Ingo Schaefer