Need some help with this authentication problem

I just got everything installed but I am having problems
with authentication.

I have a  Redhat 7.3 LDAP server running
openldap-2.0.11
db-3.2.9

And my clients are Redhat 7.3, Solaris 8 and Solaris 9. I need to get the Redhat Clients working first.

When I try to log in with one of the LDAP managed accounts
on the Redhat client I get ?incorrect password? but if I login
as root and then su to one of the LDAP managed accounts it
works fine. I am thinking I have a config problem with one of
the pam files or something is incorrect with my password settings.

These are my settings.

Server
-------
(acme.ldif)
dn: dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: nisDomainObject
nisDomain: acme.com

dn: cn=Manager,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

dn: ou=Ethers,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Ethers
dn: ou=Group,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Group
dn: ou=Aliases,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Aliases
dn: ou=Netgroup,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Netgroup
dn: ou=Networks,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Networks
dn: ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: People
dn: ou=protocols,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: protocols
dn: ou=rpc,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: rpc
dn: ou=Services,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Services
dn: ou=Hosts,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Hosts
dn: ou=profile,dc=acme,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: profile

acme_account.ldif
----------------------
dn: cn= Ldap Test user,ou=People,dc=acme,dc=com
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
cn: User
uid: ldap
uidNumber: 504
gidNumber: 1
homeDirectory: /home/ldap
userPassword: what goes here MD5 or CRYPT
loginShell: /bin/bash
gecos: Test user
shadowLastChange: 12066
shadowFlag: 0

on the redhat client
have /etc/nsswitch.conf changes
what has to go in
/etc/pam.d/login
/etc/pam.d/passwd
/etc/ldap.conf

and is there anything other file I missed? I what to get the
Redhat part working first and Solaris later.

Thank You

Do you Yahoo!?