Re: troubleshooting assitance - long-ish

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Steven L. Sesar wrote:

> Limiting the number of connections to the LDAP didn't help too much. I began
> adding each blocked server, one by one. What happened at that point, was we
> noticed another "new" server which was pounding the LDAP server.

Do these machines have applications that broadcast for LDAP servers?  Like,
do the sysadmins *know* what's running on their boxes?

You can ask for LDAP servers by doing a DNS lookup of (I think):

	_ldap._tcp.* SVR

If you have that in your DNS, it will respond with the IP addresses of
your servers, then it's on for one and all...

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia