back-sql using ldap_entries View

Hi,
  I am using back-sql with MS Sql Server which is working as expected thus far. When I replaced the ldap_entries Table with a View things stopped working - the entries contained within the View aren't found. I have compared the structure and content of both the Table and View forms of ldap_entries and they are identical.

  Using a View is documented in servers/slapd/back-sql/docs/concept file, so I supposed that this was a supported configuration. Has anyone had success in doing this? I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Regards,
Steve