Re: slapd runs, but nothing else works

tir, 2003-01-14 kl. 10:31 skrev Benjamin A. Collins:

> Hi, I started with a fresh install of RedHat 7.3 (a somewhat skimpy
> install, getting things as I needed them) and tried to set up openldap
> the way that the securityfocus article describes it, like many who have
> posted here.  I seem to have some combination of all of the most
> frequent errors.  I have edited the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file to
> look like this:

<snip>

> So as you can see, I have serious problems.  When I try to give the DN
> and password, I get err=49.  When I try to just search for anything and
> everything, I get err=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) and err 32.
>
> Anyone know what these might be?  I have read this mailing list up and
> down, so please don't just tell me that err=11 is normal.  actually,
> with my particular error, it's trying to read data from a file
> descriptor (fd 12) that doesn't exist.  At any rate, I need some serious
> help.

> Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough.

Ben,

Actually, it's admirably commented.

I can think of:

1: There's nothing wrong with your debug output. It's normal. You're
hanging yoursel up on a file descriptor problem when there isn't one.
You'll find out in time.

2: You have to add at least an entry for the organization
dc=sandbox,dc=edu with an ldif file. Use:

dn: dc=sandbox,dc=edu
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
objectClass: top
dc: sandbox

Then you should add at least one cn dn (can be a uid, male address or
what you like, but I have a cn):

dn: cn=Admin,dc=sandbox,dc=edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: Admin
sn: Admin
userPassword: adminpassword
uid: admin

The password should be encrypted somehow {crypt}, {md5} or any other
accepted form (man slappasswd)

3: You have to have at least the BASE and the HOST in /etc/ldap.conf (or
ldaprc or ~/.ldaprc, man ldap.conf). Or you have to give '-b
"dc=sandbox,d=edu'" in your ldapsearch command.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw