Re: Characters non-ascii

Hello,

"Isabel Falantes" <isabel.falantes.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> writes:

>  Hi everybody!
>
>  I need to load a ldif file that contains characters not ascii in the ldap,
> but the command ldapmodify doesn't allow it. How I can do it?

the file has to be UTF-8 encoded, encoding can be done by using the
tool iconv. See man (1) iconv, iconv --list will show you the
available character sets.
And read the documentation within the tarball
../libraries/liblunicode, ../doc/devel/utfconv.txt,
../tests/data/slapd.conf, test-lang.ldif

More Information on Unicode and UTF-8 can be found at
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung