RE: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?

> Since most of X.500 stuff is not freely available as LDAP is,
and a lot of documents refer to this X.500 stuff... I leave it to your
imagination.

I was beginning to suspect this, i.e., LDAP is a holdover from the kontrol of
information and making money. If I wanted telephone directory assistance, I
would have to pay for it. If this information were freely available (and the
Internet is making this so), then why would I pay for it?