Re: how to check uniqueness of uidNumber ?

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about to use openldap for users authentication. For that,
> I use person, posixAccount and shadowAccount objects to store user data
> (password, uid, ...). Now I want that no user have the same uidNumber
> (I know Unix allows multiple users to have the same uidNumber, but this
> is not compliant with my policy).
>
> So how can I check uniqueness of uidNumber ?

You could do a simple little trick - make uidNumber part of the DN for the
users in your directory. It will ensure that no two users can be added
that have the same value for uidNumber (as DN must be unique). This of
course assumes that the users are all in the same location in the tree.

-lon