Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?

man, 2003-01-13 kl. 14:26 skrev Jonathan Smith:

> Well-meaning people keep telling me to read the LDAP information and I
> wonder how I nicely can ask to be directed to more useful information?
>
> For instance, is there anywhere on the Net like an LDAP dictionary with
> grammar? What do I mean by this question?
>
> Okay, you have "dn". What does dn mean in LDAP-ese? dn means
> Distinguished Name.
>
> Where is dn used? In slapd.conf? In lapd.conf? In a  *.ldif file? Where
> else? How is it used in each of these instances. Explanation and example.
>
> So, then I can ask "Where are the hygienic facilities?" and only get
> funny looks rather than incomprehension!

I wrote this to the list in October last (the mail archives are your
friend ;)

Here are a couple of good starters:

ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php
http://www.kingsmountain.com/ldapRoadmap.shtml
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/sg244986.pdf
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/sg245110.pdf