Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?

I'd suggest an LDAP book, not that I've read any, but net documentation tends to be very user-oriented as opposed to learner-oriented.

Jonathan Smith wrote:
Well-meaning people keep telling me to read the LDAP information and I wonder how I nicely can ask to be directed to more useful information?

For instance, is there anywhere on the Net like an LDAP dictionary with grammar? What do I mean by this question?

Okay, you have "dn". What does dn mean in LDAP-ese? dn means Distinguished Name.

Where is dn used? In slapd.conf? In lapd.conf? In a *.ldif file? Where else? How is it used in each of these instances. Explanation and example.

So, then I can ask "Where are the hygienic facilities?" and only get funny looks rather than incomprehension!