Re: Monitor Backend

> Hello,
>
> mailing@edge-it.info writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried every combination with database monitor and each time slapd
>> doen't  want to start! I've seen some news about the fact cn=monitor
>> is working with  the backend directive (backend monitor). But it
>> does'nt work.
>> So is cn=monitor working with a redhat rpm package openldap-2.0.25-1?
>> (I have  modified the package to add a directive --enable-monitor in
>> the spec file)
>
> I don't know wether 2.0.25 supports the Monitor Backend but to try, just
> add a new database directive to your slapd.conf
> database monitor
> and try ldapsearch -b "cn=monitor"

To enable monitoring in 2.0.X you need to define SLAPD_MONITOR_DN;
you won't have any monitor backend, but simply a "cn=monitor" entry
with a few stats.  Note that this didn't work for a while due to
some frontend and backend API changes, so I don't know about 2.0.25

The monitor backend was introduced with 2.1

P.M.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it