Re: Newbie question

HI Chris, thanks for your faster than light answers !

I tried something like ldapadd -w rootpasshere - f myldiffile.ldif

LDIF File contains
dn: dc=axsmarine,dc=com
objectclass: dcobject
dc: axsmarine

And it now tell me ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute.

Well well. I'll get some aspirine and I'll try to re RTFM...... ;-)

Best regards

Olivier

Christian Pohl wrote:

Olivier Vigneron wrote:

Sorry,

I did not mentionned the error as you pointed it out.

The error is ldapadd: no attributes to change or add (entry="dc=axsmarine, dc=com"). LDIF_record()=89.

I retry using an ldif file containing:

####################
dn: dc=axsmarine,dc=com
objectclass: dcobject
dc: axsmarine
###################

But got exactly the same error msg.

Thanks for helping me !!

Best regards
Olivier.

Christian Pohl wrote:

Olivier Vigneron wrote:

Hello,

as a newbie in ldap in general and in openldap in particular,

I searched a few in the mailing list archives but did not found an answer.

I installed openldap (openldap 2.0.25-7mdk on a mandrake 9) and I followed the quickstart guide on openldap.org site.

My problem is:

ldap is answering when asked by another program (ldapsearch in command line or any graph client from another machine).

But I did not succeed to add my first entries in my ldap adressbook using ldapadd.

It is clearly something dumb but I do not succeed to make it work.

If anyone as a clue or idea, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards

Olivier.

I used this command line:
./ldapadd -x -D "uid=Manager,o=axsmarine,c=com" -W -f /home/ol/Documents/test_ldif.ldif

The test_ldif.ldif file looks like:

###############################"
       # Barbara's Entry
       dn: cn=Barbara J Jensen,dc=axsmarine,dc=com
       cn: Barbara J Jensen
       cn: Babs Jensen
       objectClass: person
       sn: Jensen

###############################"""

So here are the part of the slapd.conf i modified:

#############################################"
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=axsmarine,dc=com"

rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=axsmarine,dc=com"

rootpw         test

directory       /var/lib/ldap

       index objectClass       eq
       index uid               pres,eq,sub
       index cn,sn             pres,eq,sub,subany

# logging
loglevel 256

# Basic ACL
access to attr=userPassword
       by self write
       by anonymous auth
       by dn="uid=Manager,dc=axsmarine,dc=com" write
       by * none

access to *
       by dn="uid=Manager,dc=axsmarine,dc=com" write
       by * read

##################################################"

Hi  Oliver,

check if you build up the ldap-tree to your entry:

dn: dc=axsmarine,dc=com
objectclass: dcobject
dc: axsmarine

And we could help better if you provide us your exact error message.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Oliver,

try to add the first entries with the rootdn and rootpw (from the slapd.conf), not your special account.
Then after creating also your manager-account uid=manager,dc=.... (with userpassword)
Try to add entries with this account.

Hope this helps.

Chris

-- O. Vigneron CTO AXSMarine