Re: slapd-meta Example Config ?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
"ldap://master/dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr","ldap://slave/dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr";

isn't accepted :-(

One would say that I create one couple uri/suffixmassage for the master
and an other for the slave, uri
"ldap://master/dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr";
suffixmassage "dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr" "dc=entite3,dc=fr"
uri           "ldap://slave/dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr";
suffixmassage "dc=entite3,dc=meta,dc=fr" "dc=entite3,dc=fr"

but if both are running I'll get search result doubled !.

Is it possible to use efficientlty replicas with meta ?

do you mean to use replicas for redundancy or for load distribution,
i.e. to have a clean failover in case of server failure or to
distribute load among servers? in the latter case you better
do some round-robin ot DNS level, in the former I don't think there's
any mechanism to list multiple server like in ldap_open()/ldap_init().
back-meta and back-ldap use ldap_initialize, which requires one URI
as input.  A redundancy check should be implemented at the API level,
in my opinion, so that other software can take advantage of it.

I meant redundancy :-(

You may hack init_one_conn() in servers/slapd/back-meta/conn.c
to try a list of URIs until there's no failure, and meta_back_db_config()
in servers/slapd/back-meta/config.c to accept multiple URIs (maybe on the
same line); of course you need to provide space to host them in the
struct metatarget.

In case, a patch would be welcome.

I'am not very used to hack free software, but if I find time, maybe I'll try ...
However, if someone tries to do it, please let me known .
Thanks.

P.M.