Re: Problem with OpenLDAP 2.1.9 logging

Could the sdb stuff be trying to do a V2 bind?  You might try adding the line
allow bind_v2
to your slapd.conf to see..

The compilation option isn't all you need to do to get logging... you need
the right syslog config, and a "debug" option set in your slapd.conf to
specify the logging parameters.

make sure syslog has local4.debug going somewhere... and add a line like
loglevel 256
in slapd.conf.  The log levels are documented in the slapd.conf man page.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>