Re: Howto fix LDAP Nullbind vulnerability (part II)

At 07:25 PM 12/26/2002, Rafael Angarita wrote:
>    In short the questiions are:
>    1. What is a NullBind?

As I noted above, I believe they use this term to refer to an
anonymous bind.

>    2. What should I add to my slapd.conf file to fix it.

In 1.2, there is no way to disable the bind itself.  Instead
one restricts access to directory information using ACLs.

>    3. How can I test this running an ldapsearch?

Don't specify -D nor -W/-w and attempt to read the directory.
Your ACLs should protect what you don't want accessed.

>    Thanks for your help,
>
>    PS: I'm using openldap 1.2.13

You might consider using a more recent version...