Re: problem with nis.schema

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:00, Lord Chaser wrote:
> HI,
> I am trying to put up a virtual mailserver using the http://jamm.sourceforge.net/howto/single-html/mailserver.html howto. But I cant get past the openldap installation. I configured slapd.conf and now when I start it with /usr/local/libexec/slapd I get:
>
> usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema: line 97: AttributeType not found: "name"
>

> in the .conf I have loaded 3 .schemas:
> nis
> cosine
> jamm
>
> Any ideas what must I change?

Since LDAP is heirarical, I would think you need to include at least on
of these two schemas too:

include         /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema

This will give you the name attribute..

include         /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema

Not sure what this will give you or if you really need it.. it was one
of the schemas that was included in my default install of openldap.

HTH,

Pete