Re: Access Control

Quoting Matty <mattyml@bellsouth.net>:

 | Howdy folks,
 |
 | I have been mucking with Access Control for the past day and 1/2, and
 | cannot seem to get a cn to authenticate. I created several
 | contact objects, and a cn named email [1] which I want to allow
 | read/write access to a specific branch of my DIT. After reading through
 | the docs on www.openldap.org, I thought:
 |
 | access to dn="ou=contacts,dc=dom,dc=com"
 |         by  dn="cn=email,dc=dom,dc=com"  write
 |
 | would allow email to read/write to the contacts branch of the tree. When
 | I run ldapsearch:
 |
 | $ ldapsearch -h ldap.dom.com -LL -D 'cn=email,dc=dom,dc=com' -b
 | 'ou=contacts,dc=dom,dc=com' '(cn=*)'
Matty,

Have you tried

ldapsearch -h ldap.dom.com -x -LL -D 'cn=email,dc=dom,dc=com' -W -b
'ou=contacts,dc=dom,dc=com' '(cn=*)'

or

ldapsearch -h ldap.dom.com -x -LL -D 'cn=email,dc=dom,dc=com' -w password -b
'ou=contacts,dc=dom,dc=com' '(cn=*)'

I am assuming that the cn=email,dc=dom,dc=com has a password defined.

ed